7 ANNOYING QUESTIONS UKRAINIANS/WHITE FRIENDS ASK ABOUT OUR HAIR

7 annoying questions our white friends/Ukrainians ask about about hair

style="color: blue; font-size: x-large;">Hey Queens
Hey Queens 
Get in here let's talk about our experience relating to our hair as an international student, this is something national student or people at home might find funny but this is real life experience to all Africans studying aboard . So let's get to it 

1:  CAN I TOUCH IT ? 
Hmmm, No thank you 😒,  and you just there thinking like do they even know if it's a wig, or I just made the hair today and I can't even cope with the pain or no one goes around asking people if they can touch their hair????? 
  But anyways we understand our hair most time is the center of attraction and who wouldn't want to touch it 🙄

2: WHY DOES IT SMELL LIKE COCONUT/WHY DO YOU USE SO MUCH OIL 

Yeah it smells like coconut oil because there is coconut oil in it 😕, and I use a lot of oil because that our major source  of moisturizing 😒,  the hair doesn't just appear all shinny soft and tempting to touch just like that ? Baby girl this hair is a per time job 💯
I have a white friend from Spain that actually got coconut oil after seeing me using it countlessly and I asked her what she wants to use it for , and she said it thought that's what makes the hair looks big 😂😂, I was like thanks for the oil as I collected it from her and made it mine 😂😂, should we tell her ? 

3: How Do you wash it/ you don't wash your hair daily??
Like I think I get this question a lot from my white close friends like every time I spend the night over and am out of the shower they will be like you need the hair dryer 😂, and am just here like Hmmm I don't think so 🙄, like we do wash our hair but not daily !! And it's because of how our hair is built,  washing it daily will drain all the oil from the hair , and after washing styling will keep us for over an hour😩, average 4c girl wash her hair maximum of 3days interval or a week, some takes 2 weeks , but treatment and care is daily 😊, just to clear things up

4: How long have you been growing your hair ? 

Hmmmm sweetheart , my hair length/ inches isn't depended on how many years have been growing my hair 😂😂, because I might be 8inch today and 22inch next week , so I will advice you not to strain your pretty head . Like I get this question a lot expecially when I make long havana twist , everyone be thinking it's real twist and want to know how long have been growing it 🤔. Like if you see my 3 years afro , you will know that length doesn't really depends on years 😕

5: How much did you buy it 😂😂

Okay the first time I got this question , it had me shocked,  it was actually asked by my Arabic course mate 😂😂,  nd I think this is the most annoying for me , like not all our white friends /Ukrainians are completely ignorant about our hair and hair extension,  some of them have Idea about the whole thing 😂, I could remember me replying this Arabian course mate of mine to give me $200 , and he was like if you use $200 for your hair and you change it almost every week , then I think Africa girls are rich,  I just ended the conversation by telling him to mind his business 😕

6: Can you make something like that on my hair ? 

Yeah I would love to, but not all African girls are hair  stylist 😩 to make your hair like ours,better still I can't even make two complete cornrows on your hair because it's either loosing after completion , or I will spend close to two hours trying to make just a cornrow that will still appear like ...😆😂
Don't get me wrong , am not saying it's impossible to make braids or cornrows on a white persons hair , am just saying you need to be a professional for that , you can't just do try and error on their hair because it's two complete different texture of hair,  and quite soft and difficult to hold, am talking base on my experience though 

7: Detecting the style you should do or the one that suits you better  😂
I think this one kindda cute , because they actually interested and paying attention to your hair , which is another form of Art , and everyone is entittiled to his or her opinion,  
And some of them might actually be saying the truth , my Ecuadorian friend told me curly long hair suit me better and she wasn't lying and she really gets excited when ever am on curls , I find this fascinating  about how someone could be so engrossed on my hair style choice which was cute 

But at the end of the day, this diversity of life expecially to our hair is what makes life really beautiful,  we also are captivated by our white friends hair , and sometimes get jealous how they don't need to try so much on styling , moisturizing , masking and protective styling 😩, just a little brushing and they are ready to go for the day .... but at the end of the day it's not about 4c , or 2b hair , it's all about a heart filled with love 🤗😊

So Queens,  don't forget to comment about your own experience , which of these 7 is the most annoying for you . 

The comment box is now enabled feel free to comment your thought 💕💕






Comments

Anonymous said…
I can totally relate to this but am already use to it I guess , will be graduating in a year time
joan said…
I cant stop laughing at number 5 , am glad the comment is now working , nice one trisha
THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK 😍💕

Popular Posts