15 TIPS FOR GROWING YOUR CURLY 3C HAIR IN 2023

Hey Queens 
Often the issue isn't the hair growth from the scalp that makes length difficult to acheive but preventing breakage from the ends 

1. Practicing safe hair coloring: Many people might insist that colouring natural hair is damaging and you can't grow it long because of that .while it is true that colouring causes some damage , you just have to make sure to care for the coloured hair safely.


2. Trims (only when I need them)
When your hair has a lot of split ends, trim it--but not just because of your calendar schedule. I go between three and four months for our trims. I know I'm due for a trim when my hair starts tangling more easily, sheds more and looks limp.

3. Regular deep conditioning

Genetically, my hair is super dry and I color it which makes it dryer as well. I deep condition every single time I wash my hair and use a regular conditioner as a leave-in. Using a deep conditioner with heat or steam will make it work even better; one of my personal favorites lately has been the Cantu deep conditioning treatment 

4. Using coconut oil

Coconut oil is one of the only oils that penetrates all the way to the middle of the hair strand. It helps provide strength, softness, and repairs damage to chemically treated hair. The night before wash day, I like to sleep with my hair saturated in coconut oil Sometimes on day 2 or 3 hair, I will even use a little bit of coconut oil in place of a serum to minimize frizz.

6. Focusing on my scalp

While I sleep with coconut oil on my length, I use certain blends of essential oils  on my scalp. I apply them before bedtime and then give myself a scalp massage, helping to increase circulation and blood flow to encourage growth.

7. PAYing attention to ingredients
The more products I used that didn't contain sulfates, non-water soluble silicones, parabens and heavy waxes, the better my hair health was overall. More natural products with moisturizers, healthy oils, butters and vitamins are so important. I especially notice when I don't use products with heavy silicones my hair is less frizzy and better able to be managed.

8. Alternating between a shampoo & co-wash on wash days

I usually only wash my hair twice a week, alternating between sulfate-free shampoos and co-washes. I like to use Cantu shampoo wash and then the next time. Once a week, shampoo helps to remove styling products, sweat from working out, and environmental toxins. Every month, I use a sulfate-free clarifying shampoo to really help detox my hair (and keep my color from getting brassy).

9. Washing less

Washing your hair too frequently  can dry the hair out because you are not allowing your hair to absorb the natural oils it produces. If you dry your hair out it becomes weak and prone to breakage. I use a dry shampoo and refresher spray on non wash days for the scalp to be clean.

10. Moisturizing often: I don't know how often I have to say this but oil isn't a moisturizers , most times we use just oil on our hair and it starts creating clog that reduces hair from penetrating into the scalp.  The perfect moisturizer is WATER !


11. PROTECTING  my hair at night
Sleeping on satin pillowcases and spraying the hair with a moisture spray before bedtime are both great ways to let help your hair survive the night. Usually by morning, my hair--especially the ends--drink up my refresher spray as if it was a delicious milkshake!

12. Never over-processing with color

When I go in for my color, my hairdresser touches up my roots only. Not overlapping and putting color on previously colored hair keeps it so much more healthier than if the length of the hair were to get color processed every single time. Especially with long hair, the ends of my hair I think are at least 5 years old, so they have been through a lot
..... 
13: detangling your curls / brushing/ combing : 

This is when we lose 70 percent of our inches because we end up messing up the curls and causing serious breakage . 
  it's important to use a detached brush .

I will recommend "Trish detangle brush" for all hair types 


Comments

Popular Posts